Hunting the Hummingbird - by David C Hoffman

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Out and about...

Lately I've been trying to remember to snap pics with my phone as children time allows...


A hazy view of the Kuwait City skyline...








I've been told this is one of the largest Mosques in Kuwait. It doesn't look very big from this street view (out the window of a taxi, as well!) but apparently it's huge inside, and so pretty.


Kuwait Palace Hotel, which has outstanding architecture, and lights up with blue, green and red lights at night. 






Inside one of the many, many malls we frequent. One of my favorite places to grocery shop is one the bottom floor here...

Beverly I took this picture for you! This is (one of the many) escalators you can take your carts up and down... 


There are tons outdoor restaurants here, all with large fans or AC units surrounding the tables... 


Luke walking the balancing beam at Ikea...







Remember when I told you we had a tiny store right next to our apartment building? Well I wasn't kidding when I used the word tiny to describe it. I snapped this picture the other day to show you all just how narrow the two aisles are...

Sometimes when I go in there with both kids and my big purse I legitimately get claustrophobic =). 



Another beautiful Mosque...


The twins walking across the indoor walkway over to the other side of the Marina Mall...



GREEN GRASS!!!! =)


Our family crammed in our tiny apartment elevator with the cart full of our latest Ikea haul...



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the super-escalator picture! That is awesome! And I love the kids' faces in the elevator pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that picture of the kids walking on the escalator. Not quite sure why, maybe the lighting?

    Love you guys! Looking good :) thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the shots of the tiny shop aisles. How handy to have shopping so close (in more ways than one!). I can see the elevator helps with family togetherness, too.

    Love, Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember us both marveling at the cart-specific elevator at our Target here in PDX. Can't imagine what it must've been like when you saw people WITH THEIR CARTS on the escalators. Is it a little bit terrifying?

    Also, I definitely spent at least 3 full minutes scrolling up and down to compare the picture of the hazy Kuwait City Skyline with the art at the top of your blog.

    ReplyDelete