Hunting the Hummingbird - by David C Hoffman

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

So much to be thankful for this year.

While we miss our families and friends back home very, very much, I'm still so grateful I have my little family, and I am thankful for our health.

We celebrated Thanksgiving today, Friday, (which is the first day of the weekend here), by going to David's boss's house for a giant feast and games.

We woke up this morning, Skyped with some family and left Skype messages for others (Mom and Amanda, how do I not have your Skype contacts?? Must remedy this ASAP) and then I took a nap (don't judge me!!! I'm still kinda ill) and then got up to make a spinach lasagna to take to the feast, after that was finished, I hopped in the shower. 
When I came out of the bathroom, I walked into this scene...


Who needs a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade when you've got THAT happening in your living room?!?!


Since the twins were tiny, I've always made a "Thankful Tree" for us on a wall in our home during the month of November, and we've written what we're thankful for our leaves and taped them to the branches.
Trying to instill gratitude in our children.
And ourselves =)


My goal of each of us writing a leaf every day of the month clearly failed. 
That's a pretty sparse lookin' tree, man. But this momma is still trying to figure out how to work 35 hours a week and do all the other stuff I wanna do...obviously, some things are falling behind.
(Like the cleanliness of our dining room table you may of noticed in the video above.)
(Or the overflowing laundry basket on the floor in the video above.)
(Or the dust everywhere...could you see that in the video above? Likely not...you'll just have to trust me. It's dusty up in here.)


But! I did remember to nag ask my husband to set up the camera with the self-timer so we could take a family pic for our Thanksgiving 2016.

He captured this cute pic while testing the settings...



Nearly every day here in Kuwait, we meet someone who is here working, without their family. I'm so thankful I get to be with mine every day.



Clearly, elevator selfies are where it's at though...




We drove thirty minutes into the desert and finally arrived at his boss's house. 
The twins quickly entertained themselves by turning her home into their own personal jungle gym...






We played the "Name Guessing Game" where you have a famous person's name taped to your back, and you have to ask yes or no questions to try and guess who your person is.
Dave was Adolf Hitler.


I was Ghandi. 

So naturally, I had to get a picture of Hitler and Ghandi, together...



Such a fun crowd of people!




Dave's sweet coworker taught the twins how to play with snapchat and then let them play with her phone...



Our table had such a lovely time chatting while we ate...





 The twins were entertained while waiting for the food to settle and dessert time...


...and then it was time to roll ourselves outta there and head back to our apartment, bellies and hearts full.

So much to be thankful for. 



5 comments:

  1. The kids must sleep like logs after such active days. Glad you had a nice T-Day. Looking forward to having you back here for the next one.

    Love,
    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are looking forward to being back next year as well 😉

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to all of you! I am thankful for our friendship. :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful for our friendship as well! As we were talking to all the newbies' to Kuwait, i was telling them how cool the expat community is... And how a woman I'd only met once prior, but traveled to Bahrain with, later saved my life as she advocated for me at the hospital!! I'll always be so thankful for you, my Bahrain Tina ;)

      Delete