Hunting the Hummingbird - by David C Hoffman

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Lately...

Suddenly it's December!

I realized as I was opening a new folder (for the new month) to download our pictures into that I had several from November that I wanted to post about so we could always remember.

I've mentioned before I'd like to print this blog into a memory book when our time is done here in Kuwait, so in the years to come we can always look back on all that we did while we lived over here.
Plus, I figure the more the kids can look back on all the fun!! and the smiling!! and the great memories!! The less likely they are to remember all the yelling =).


We took these two monkeys to see Trolls...



...and after we walked around the mall a bit, and found a shop of wooden toys and Pinocchio stand in...
Brother.. 


Sister...



I'm so grateful for my friend and neighbor Reem. When I was in Portland, she and another friend, Hatifa, both delivered homemade dinners to David and the kids. I was so touched. They never said anything prior, they just knew I was out of town and thought to step in and help feed my people...


...sweet neighbor friends...




Dave torturing dancing with the kids...





Both kids are reading really well these days, and it's such a sweet season of listening to them read to us...










The Boy, of course, continues to perfect his Jedi moves...




They spent three hours one weekend morning playing "school" in the kitchen. Those are all their students on the blanket...




We had friends over for movies and popcorn...




Sister lost another tooth!




I've been enjoying the Kuwaiti sunsets...


...with the man I love.

...and feeling very lucky.


The only other noteworthy occurrence of late is this morning we awoke to the unmistakable sound of thunder and POURING rain. 
Kuwait just was not made for such weather.
There is zero drainage in the streets, so they all flood rather quickly. 
Also, since the drivers here only see such rain literally a handful of times a year, they just don't know what to do with themselves.
The kids and I left an hour and a half later than we normally do for school/work this morning, hoping to avoid the worst of it, and it still took us over an hour to get there (normally it's right about thirty minutes)
My Oregonian heart just had to smile =)

1 comment: