Hunting the Hummingbird - by David C Hoffman

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Al Shaheed Park

Last month our family finally made it out to visit Al Shaheed Park. 
It's a newer park that's opened since we've arrived in Kuwait, and we've been meaning to go check it out for months now, but had yet to make it happen.

But finally on one windy, chilly Saturday afternoon, we headed out to see this place we'd heard so much about. 

It's located in the heart of Kuwait City, so surrounded by beautifully creative buildings...



We'd been meaning to arrive mid-afternoon, but didn't end up getting out the door as early as we'd hoped (classic Kendra), so when we first arrived we were hustlin' a bit because I thought we'd need daylight to really see it all...









The kids were big fans of the lighted water fountain shows...



Brother asked us to take his picture in front of these fountains, and just like the time before, I was struck by how grown up he is becoming....







The kids were particularly enamored with these gold structures... 






The sun setting behind the Liberation Tower...

















After a few selfie fails, we managed a pretty good one...










David snapped this picture of Brother giving me some love. 
I adore it.
I also can not believe how giant he looks next to me. How is he so tall all of a sudden??



The park hosts the "Wall of Martyrs", which was sobering, but really beautifully done...












I sure love these monkeys of mine...









We were near the airport, and the kids asked if they could lay down for a bit and watch the planes fly overhead...





Family selfie??
Crushed it. 



But just to be sure, we asked a stranger to take a family pic as well =)



Throughout the park there were several sculptures...



We walked around for a long time enjoying the lovely landscaping and serene atmosphere, before eventually making our way back over to the fountains, which were now even more fun to watch light up after the sun had set...




My cute little Peanut...






The twins were having fun guessing which color the water would turn next...


...clearly, Brother won this round...










We had such a nice evening together, strolling around. And we ended up being grateful we were there so late in the evening, as the fountain shows were so vibrant and the city lights sparkled everywhere...









This was one of those evenings where Kuwait felt so beautiful I could hardly stand it.
I'm so thankful we made the time to visit Al Shaheed Park, and will definitely be back again soon.

3 comments:

  1. I'M enamored with those golden structures too. I would want to try to climb them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that's what Justin Beiber said when he got kicked out of the Mayan Ruins. Hahahaha

      Delete
  2. I love all of these photos, but that family selfie--frame it!
    Can't wait for my visitors to get here, so I, too, can finally see this park. ;)

    ReplyDelete